[asterisk-users] issues with downloads.digium.com

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Fri Nov 2 05:12:20 CDT 2007

On 11/2/07, Michiel van Baak <michiel at vanbaak.info> wrote:
> On 09:38, Fri 02 Nov 07, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> > Does anyone from Digium want to comment on why this Eloqua stuff has been
> > used, instead of just allowing Apache to serve the directory tree directly?
> > And whether this decision might be reconsidered?
> >

> I think it's some sort of tool to track downloads and stuff
> so the marketing people at digium can use that info for
> their campaigns and stuff.
>
> I dont like it neither, but I dont think they will
> reconsider. They closed the FTP downloads so everything has
> to go thru this www tool. That makes it pretty obvious they
> will stay with it.

I wonder - why they can't get all the info from logs. They can even
put .htaccess to route all downloads trough PHP that will log whatever
else it needs..

I'm just annoyingly copying URL and deleting first part of it - it's
simpler that to quote whole URL.. And without quoting - bash can't
correctly interpret the ? stuff..

Regards,
Atis

--