[asterisk-users] High Port Count ATA

Nick Seraphin asterisk at eaglequest.com
Thu May 31 20:01:53 MST 2007

Those 24+ port devices get *really* expensive, *really* fast.

I would probably go with the new Linksys SPA-8000 (I think that's the
model number)...  its an 8-port FXS adapter and is only around $300 or so.

So 110 ports, you would need 14 of them...  $4200 with the advantage that
if one dies, you only lose 8 ports, not 24 or 48.

Using high-density solutions could easily run you over $10,000+ depending
on the model/manufacturer/density.

Plus, at $300 you can afford to keep 2 or 3 spares on the shelf "just in
case"...  where as with a high density solution, even keeping 1 spare
would be very costly.

-- Nick