[asterisk-users] High Port Count ATA

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu May 31 15:43:45 MST 2007

On Thu, 31 May 2007, Douglas Garstang wrote:

> I'm trying to find a high port count ATA device. We have a lot (up to
> 110) analog devices that we need to bridge to IP. Rather than go out and
> buy 110 ATA's, it would make more sense to buy a single chassis type
> device with some number of ports and blades. Anyone know if such a
> device exists?

   Doug, you may consider Citel's Portico TVA product:

     http://www.citel.com/Products/Portico.asp

   While it's a little overkill for what you're doing because it can also
digital signaling for legacy PBXs, the units come in 12 and 24-port
editions and can be configured for analog FXS devices as well.

   The primary intent of this product is to be an adaptation layer to VoIP
for people who have invested significant money in legacy PBX handsets from
traditional incumbents like Avaya, Nortel, Samsung, etc.  SIP in one end,
and Meridian and similar protocols out there.

   But it can do analog too.  And while I doubt that these units are the
cheapest, buying half a dozen of them is probably considerably easier
than 100+ ATAs.

   I've seen the product demoed in the PBX adaptation context.  It works
very well and its web interface is flawless.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems