[asterisk-users] *End Of Life ASTERISK 1.2.X Was: INSTRUCTIONSFOR THE ASTERISK COMMUNITY - PLEASEREAD NOW *

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue May 29 11:06:54 MST 2007

Michael Collins wrote:
>> I think its a fair decision . 1.2 is very stable and they are not
>> closing it all together , security issues will still be fixed . They
>> need to concentrate more on 1.4 to make it bugfree .
>
> Fair indeed.  I would guess that a completely stable 1.2 w/ security
> maintenance is acceptable to the majority of users.  Those folks still
> using 1.0.x certainly aren't clamoring for new features!  The great many

Except that for some users 1.2.18 is NOT stable.  I've had to roll back
to 1.2.15 on my production servers in order to prevent core dumps at
least once per day.  No, I am not willing to turn my production servers
into testing servers to solve this.  Doing so would make me a "former
consultant" for these customers.