[asterisk-users] *End Of Life ASTERISK 1.2.X Was: INSTRUCTIONSFORTHE ASTERISK COMMUNITY - PLEASEREAD NOW *

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Tue May 29 11:48:27 MST 2007

> Except that for some users 1.2.18 is NOT stable.  I've had to roll
back
> to 1.2.15 on my production servers in order to prevent core dumps at
> least once per day.  No, I am not willing to turn my production
servers
> into testing servers to solve this.  Doing so would make me a "former
> consultant" for these customers.

Agreed.  Another reason not to keep futzing with 1.2.  It ain't broke
(except for .18 in your case), so don't keep fixing it, other than to
patch security issues.  (Security patches are not supposed to cause core
dumps... I hope that the difference for you between .15 and .18 isn't a
big security threat.)

Ideally there is a recent release of 1.2 that is truly stable for the
majority of users.  If not, then I dearly hope that Digium get one out
there before August 2007.  Abandoning 1.2 while it is in an unstable
condition would be a tragedy.

-MC