[asterisk-users] RE: Bottom line on fax reception

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Mon May 28 18:31:38 MST 2007

OK,
> > then it should fit your needs.
> >
> > If you are faxing contracts or other important documents that are
worth
> > something, then go for a more reliable solution.
> >
> > On a 3ghz HP DL320 with a gig of RAM, each fax took about 5%
indicated
> > by top.  I would not want to go above ten simultaneous faxes so I
setup
> > ten IAX Modems (50% in top).  Even at that rate, there were a lot of
> > failures.  I did not bother to figure out why because these were
legal
> > contracts, in bulk, amounting to big dollars.
>
> anyone have a comparison with a multicpu machine with the same or
> lower clock rate ?

Let me further qualify my results.  This was done with whatever the
current stable versions of Asterisk, Hylafax, and IAXmodem were
available in January of this year.  The faxes were outbound.  PDFs put
into a Samba share and a cron job moving them over to the Hylafax
monitored directory.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro
www.asteriskhelpdesk.com

> > The variables are very simple for any of these kind of decisions.
Don't