[asterisk-users] CDR not recording accountcode on SIP Response 302 Call Forward From Phone

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Fri May 25 15:17:10 MST 2007

Hi All,

Call comes into Asterisk
Asterisk answers and Dials SIP Phone
SIP phone has call forward enabled to a long distance number
Asterisk receives a SIP response 302 "Moved Temporarily" back from phone
Asterisk then forwards inbound call to 'Local/number at context' thanks to phone

2 problems with the CDR:

1. intermittent 'bill sec' accuracy, sometimes 0 even when the call
was answered and many minutes usage on call.

2. no accountcode is recorded.

So the implication here is that if a phone user forwards their phone,
I have no way of tracking the usage or what account the call should be
billed to.  I have a feeling this is normal behavior for Asterisk as
no real channel gets invoked with an accountcode parameter, but there
has got to be something that accounts for this situation.  Does anyone
have a work around or remedy?

I'm running 1.2.9.

Thanks.

JR