[asterisk-users] Re: Polycom or Linksys phones bootp tftp config setup

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Fri May 25 15:00:19 MST 2007

> Can you attach the trace, or at least let me know what DHCP server you
> are using?  The Polycoms, at least, require that DHCP option 66 use the
> Microsoft-style DHCP behavior and actually encode it as a DHCP option
> (rather than a BootP header).  On certain DHCP servers (Nortel at least
> I can say for sure), the default behavior is "RFC-copmpliant" (or at
> least so they say).

Thanks for the feedback, Stephen and Brad.  I had an IM with Bruce
Reeves earlier and he let me know that my string value was wrong.  I
was issuing an IP address instead of a complete URL.  Also I switched
to FTP instead if TFTP and the Polycom came right up and acted as
expected.  I'm still poking around with the Linksys.

Thanks.

JR
--
JR Richardson