[asterisk-users] CDR not recording accountcode on SIP Response 302 Call Forward From Phone

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Sun May 27 00:13:45 MST 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 17:17 -0500, JR Richardson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Call comes into Asterisk
> Asterisk answers and Dials SIP Phone
> SIP phone has call forward enabled to a long distance number
> Asterisk receives a SIP response 302 "Moved Temporarily" back from phone
> Asterisk then forwards inbound call to 'Local/number at context' thanks to phone
>
> 2 problems with the CDR:
>
> 1. intermittent 'bill sec' accuracy, sometimes 0 even when the call
> was answered and many minutes usage on call.
>
> 2. no accountcode is recorded.
>
> So the implication here is that if a phone user forwards their phone,
> I have no way of tracking the usage or what account the call should be
> billed to.  I have a feeling this is normal behavior for Asterisk as
> no real channel gets invoked with an accountcode parameter, but there
> has got to be something that accounts for this situation.  Does anyone
> have a work around or remedy?
>
> I'm running 1.2.9.
>
> Thanks.
>
> JR

JR--

Good news and bad news.

To be truthful, I personally have doubts that 1.2 will ever be fixed as
far as transfers are concerned.  The changes that will be necessary to
correct the situation will result in non-backwards compatible changes to
the behavior of CDR's. It'll simply muck up everyone who has built CDR
systems to date.

That said, I'm beginning a "final solution" to the problems in 1.4 and
trunk; I see what needs to be done, and how to do it. I think I have a
grip on what to do with Local channels, and masqueraded channels.

But the devil's in the details, and I'll find out how good my guesses
are when I start testing. I'll try to make sure that channel goodies
don't get smudged off the CDR's, like acctcode, etc.

So, hang on, and I'll post notices as to my progress.

murf

--
Steve Murphy <murf at digium.com>
Digium