[asterisk-users] Bristuff with Billion ISDN

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed May 23 07:47:59 MST 2007

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 03:51:36PM +0200, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Hello, I am trying to install a Billion ISDN on Asterisk
>
> I have Debian Etch and I installed theese packages:

Here's one alternative:

  apt-get install asterisk asterisk-bristuff zaptel-source
  m-a a-i zaptel

  genzaptelconf -sdv

> apt-get install linux-headers-`uname -r`
> apt-get install make
>
> apt-get install ncurses-base ncurses-bin ncurses-term
> apt-get install libncurses5 libncurses5-dev
> apt-get install bison
> apt-get install openssl
> apt-get install libssl0.9.8
> apt-get install libssl-dev
>
> apt-get install libeditline0 libeditline-dev libedit-dev libedit2
> apt-get install gcc
> apt-get install zlib1g-dev
>

> To install Asterisk with Bristuff I do that:
>
> in usr/src:
>
> wget
> http://212.91.251.199/~junghanns.net/downloads/bristuff-0.3.0-current.tar.gz<http://212.91.251.199/%7Ejunghanns.net/downloads/bristuff-0.3.0-current.tar.gz>
> tar zxvf bristuff-0.3.0-current.tar.gz
> cd bristuff-0.3.0-PRE-1r

http://junghanns.net/downloads/?C=M;O=D

my, my, you're using an old bristuff. The latest (which seems to be also
most stable) bristuff for 1.2 is:

is bristuff-0.3.0-PRE-1y-5

For 1.4 they have released one version so far: bristuff-0.4.0-test1

> ./install.sh
>
> when it is compilin I have that error:

> LIBGSM installed.
> Press <Enter> to continue, or <CTRL> + <C> to abort.
>
> rm -f ztgsm.o *.ko *.mod.c *.mod.o .*o.cmd *~
> rm -rf .tmp_versions
> Link /usr/src/linux-2.6 to your kernel sources first!
> make: *** [linux26] Error 1
> Link /usr/src/linux-2.6 to your kernel sources first!
> make: *** [linux26] Error 1

A stupid and error-prone requirement from the bristuff script. If you
make such a symlink there are good chances you'll link to the wrong
directory.

Some attempts to communicate this to Junghanns have so far met what
appears to be a /dev/null on their side.

Did I mention you should try the debian package?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com