[asterisk-users] SIP.CONF: incominglimit and outgoinglimit

Fernando Urzedo Fernando.Urzedo at locaweb.com.br
Wed May 23 07:04:37 MST 2007

Hi all,

I have some peers configured in SIP.CONF file with parameters
incominglimit and outgoinglimit set up to 10. By doing that, I expect
that this peer will not be allowed to handle more than 10 incoming calls
and 10 outgoing calls at the same time.

However, since I upgraded to Asterisk 1.2.17, I started to face a
problem. Sometimes, calls to those peers are not connected. When I check
the logs, the following message is displayed:

2007-05-23 10:25:49 NOTICE[9630]: chan_sip.c:2273 update_call_counter:
Call to peer '00.peer101' rejected due to usage limit of 10

Checking the open channels (CLI>show channels), I can see that there are
no calls assigned to this peer, so this message makes no sense. Also,
the only way to "fix" it is increase the parameters incominglimit and
outgoinglimit and reload OR restart Asterisk.

I read something about "End of Life for [outgoinglimit and
incominglimit] announced, please use setgroup and checkgroup...".

Questions is: should I still use outgoinglimit and incominglimit in
Asterisk 1.2.17? If so, what is the correct CLI command to confirm that
we reached the call limit for a given peer? If not, what parameters
should I use now?

Thanks.

Fernando