[asterisk-users] Fax detection

Gommidh Riadh riadh at gommidh.net
Wed May 23 03:22:10 MST 2007

> Gommidh Riadh wrote:
>> For exemple
>>
>> I call number 0123456789
>> - if it is a fax then redirect to extension A
>> - if it is a line then redirect to exention B
>>
>> whats ia want its somthing like AMD application that i use for the
>> answering machine .
>> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/NVFaxDetect
>>
>> Did somene use it ? any feed back ?
>>
> With my limited testing, it seemed to work quite well. (not tried it
> since moving to asterisk 1.4).
>
> It is only neccesary if you want to detect faxes on VoIP communications
> (without T.38).
>
> If you want your machine to accept faxes via this method, it may be more
> appropriate to use a SIP supplier that supports T.38 and look at using
> callweaver instead of asterisk. (asterisk branch that supports T.38 fax
> termination).
>
>> Sorry for the English and thanks for your help
>
> There is nothing wrong with your english.

thanks for your response
Infortunatly the site http://www.newmantelecom.com/asterisk/faxdetect/ is
unrechable for me , so i cant downlood the app and make my test

But i m not sure you understand what i want to realy do

i m developping a  predetive call application for a call center
i make the outgoing call with originate commande (API manager) :

Action: Originate
Channel: SIP/provider/0123456789
Context: foo
Exten: 8000
CallerID: bla
Variable: 0123456789
Async: true
ActionID: xxx

When the called party pickup the line it redirect to the exten 8000

exten => 8000,1,AMD
exten => 8000,2,Wait(1)
exten => 8000,3,Answer()
exten => 8000,4,GotoIf($["${AMDSTATUS}" ="MACHINE"]?6)
exten => 8000,5,Queue(${var1}|tT|||120)
exten => 8000,6,System(php -q machine.php ${var1})
exten => 8000,7,Hangup

So if the number "0123456789" is ansering machine then marke it and hungup
if it is a human than redirect to the queue and the agent take the call

did the nvfaxdetect do the same thing like AMD application ?

i dont want recive a fax i want to know i the number a call is not a fax
line because my agents will become Deaf persons with the
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sound of fax :).

Thanks for your help