[asterisk-users] Fax detection

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Wed May 23 01:49:20 MST 2007

Gommidh Riadh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Did someone have a solution for a line fax detection for outgoing call

Err, if you start your extension definition with answer, then if it
detects a fax signal it will try to redirect to the extension fax.

> For exemple
>
> I call number 0123456789
> - if it is a fax then redirect to extension A
> - if it is a line then redirect to exention B
>
> whats ia want its somthing like AMD application that i use for the
> answering machine .
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+AMD
>
> search in the wiki give  this application :
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/NVFaxDetect
>
> Did somene use it ? any feed back ?

With my limited testing, it seemed to work quite well. (not tried it
since moving to asterisk 1.4).

It is only neccesary if you want to detect faxes on VoIP communications
(without T.38).

If you want your machine to accept faxes via this method, it may be more
appropriate to use a SIP supplier that supports T.38 and look at using
callweaver instead of asterisk. (asterisk branch that supports T.38 fax
termination).

> Sorry for the English and thanks for your help

There is nothing wrong with your english.