[asterisk-users] Delete voicemails after X days

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Tue May 22 18:57:15 MST 2007

> You should expect this to massively break voice mailboxes.

Well, it won't massively break them, just a bit. We do this on some
mailboxes and it works OK. The problem is that is you delete message 1
and leave 2, a new message will become 1, thus breaking the sequence.
They will be played back as 1 (newer) followed by 2 (older) message.
Then again, I'm not sure what happens if there is a break in sequence
-- I think I patched my code to deal with that. It's ugly and
inefficient.

Still all of these solutions are a band aid at best. I don't like do
it this way. I wish Asterisk could do it itself.

--Luki