[asterisk-users] Delete voicemails after X days

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue May 22 18:37:35 MST 2007

David Florella wrote:
> Thank you knox. Finally, I have chosen this solution : find
> /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/*/Old/ -atime -7|xargs rm –f, executed
> every night by the CRON. However, I would have preferred this feature was
> implemented in Astrisk.

You should expect this to massively break voice mailboxes.

Asterisk Voicemail requires that all messages are numbered sequentially
starting at 0 (when using the filesystem, I don't know about RealTime or
IMAP).  If there is a break in the sequence, such as would be the case
if your script deletes a message in the middle, then you should expect
things to break.  I think that higher numbered messages would simply not
be accessible, but that is a guess.