[asterisk-users] Originate and bridge Can it be done? Best Way?

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Mon May 21 14:45:10 MST 2007

Henry wrote:

>     Hi,
>     Im new, but trying real hard! I just need general direction, not
>     details yet..i'll try to figure those...just looking to avoid brick
>     walls...bottlenecks...inefficiencies etc upfront.
>
>     Hardware:
>     motorola vt2442 - trixbox
>
>     Apps:
>     Dot Net application that operates the Manager API and the FASTAGI
>     interfaces.
>
>     I have the 2442 set as a PLAR so as soon as the ext is off-hook, it
>     dials into the *61 dial-plan.
>
>     This is what I want to happen:
>
>     Ext goes off-hook
>     vt2442 PLAR auto-dials *61
>     *61 dial-plan gets some info from the inside user
>
>     Need help for everything below:
>     inside user is put on hold..queued or parked or put in a conf???
>
>     Sep call is originated to an outside line
>     If call answered some info is gathered from the outside party
>     outside party is joined to inside party.
>
>     I am willing to use any or all of a combo of the following:
>     Manager API
>     FASTAGI
>     dial-plans
>     .call files
>
>     or anything else!!
>     The Manager/FastAGI application can perform any action required.

The way that I can think of would be to create a context or add an
extension in your outward context to call an AGI that would solicit the
info you need and then push you into a conference.

Then issue a .call file to call the other party, gather your info and
then pop them into the same conference.  Store the data gathered by each
caller in the AstDB or another db like FirebirdSQL or MySQL.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+func+db

You indicated that your .net classes have a Manager implementation.
Creating a call should be fairly easy using the Manager API originate:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+Manager+API+Action+Originate

I wrote a built-in object into AsterPas to do call files which is just
an abstraction of the System Command implemented in a FastAGI server:
http://www.datatrakpos.com/pos/datatalk/asterpas.aspx

There are some script/code samples on the site that may be useful in
implementing that kind of thing through whichever .net abstraction layer
you are using.  Pascal is not that different from C#...

Warm Regards,

Lee