[asterisk-users] basic 3+ way conference call on plain old phones

pedro noticioso cucnews at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 11:37:08 MST 2007

hi guys, is it possible to do a basic 3-or-more-way
conference call when the phones dont support it? I am
fully aware of this concept on expensive phones like
this one:

Grandstream GXP 2000 -Conference call 3-way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlZ6JqE1MT4

The problem is that the basic plain old commercial PBX
supports 3-way calling in ugly old phones like this
one:

http://www.neo-shop.com/tiendas/0009/varios/telefono%20TEIDE-1.jpg

connected to an ata like this one:

http://www.egk.com.ar/imagenes/hardware/sipura2.jpg

The idea is to be caller (A): dial calle (B), once (B)
answers press on HOOK or something else to send them
to MOH, then dial callee (C), talk to him a little
too, then press the same HOOK or something else and
the 3, (A)(B) and (C) in a conference call.

Unlike the grandstream, this would definitelly have to
be done by *, isnt this part of the basic
functionality like voicemail that is already done and
a couple lines in the config files it will work on all
phones done by *?

if not, then, how do you recommend me to it?

the closest I have seen to shat I am looking for is

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Dynamic+conferences+macro

is there a better alternative?

any thoughts?

thanks a lot!