[asterisk-users] asterisk setup for church / conference call / speaker system integration

Tim Litwiller tim at litwiller.net
Thu May 17 08:37:49 MST 2007

David Gomillion wrote:
> On 5/17/07, *Tim Litwiller* <tim at litwiller.net
> <mailto:tim at litwiller.net>> wrote:
>
>     We have several people in our church that recently became
>     disabled. I am
>     thinking of setting up an asterisk server and several phone lined so
>     that they can call in to church during services to listen to the
>     service.
>

> If it were me, I would:
>
> 1. create a conference room
> 2. create a .call file that dials into the speaker system
> 3. create .call files to dial the participants, muting them
>
> This can obviously be scripted very easily. A simple cron job copying
> the .call files should do nicely. If the disabled persons wish to no
> longer participate, you can simply delete that .call file; conversely,
> if you need to add someone, you can just create another one. Then you
> won't have to worry about incoming phone numbers and coordinating with
> the private school, you can bring it in when you need it, etc.

That does simplify it a bit - but is probably not flexible enough. I
don't want to have to have someone call and request to be added to the
conference if they are sick sunday morning. We will publish the number
for anyone in the congregation to use as they need it.  For those that
always listen at home tho this would work fine.

Oh and we will also want to record the services so that if someone wants
a copy or to listen later they can call in to listen or we can burn then
a copy. So I'll need to program a recording menu system that is somewhat
automated and lists the last few weeks of services by date or something.

We are currently using freeconferencecall.com but it is a long distance
call from church and from all of our members.