[asterisk-users] asterisk setup for church / conference call / speaker system integration

David Gomillion david.gomillion at gmail.com
Thu May 17 07:37:04 MST 2007

On 5/17/07, Tim Litwiller <tim at litwiller.net> wrote:

> We have several people in our church that recently became disabled. I am
> thinking of setting up an asterisk server and several phone lined so
> that they can call in to church during services to listen to the service.

If it were me, I would:

1. create a conference room
2. create a .call file that dials into the speaker system
3. create .call files to dial the participants, muting them

This can obviously be scripted very easily. A simple cron job copying the
.call files should do nicely. If the disabled persons wish to no longer
participate, you can simply delete that .call file; conversely, if you need
to add someone, you can just create another one. Then you won't have to
worry about incoming phone numbers and coordinating with the private school,
you can bring it in when you need it, etc.