[asterisk-users] asterisk setup for church / conference call / speaker system integration

Tim Litwiller tim at litwiller.net
Thu May 17 07:23:34 MST 2007

We have several people in our church that recently became disabled. I am
thinking of setting up an asterisk server and several phone lined so
that they can call in to church during services to listen to the service.

The phone lines at church are also used by our private school during the
week.  So I am thinking that I need to setup a schedule so that the
lines used for the service will automatically go to the conference
during normal service times and ring the phones the rest of the time.

We have 2 analog lines currently,  DSL is available, and I'm checking
now to see if we can get a voip provider that will provide 3 - 10 local
numbers.

to connect to the speaker system I either need to trigger a ring on a
analog line to the phone interface on our speaker system, it picks up on
the first ring, or we can manully push a button that picks up the line.
If we do the second we would have to have something in asterisk connect
it to the conference when it picks up.

the next consideration is that sometimes we might want to connect out to
a conference call from another church. so we need to be able to dial out
from one of the phones and then somehow trigger the speaker systems
incoming side to pickup. ( I just thought of it now - I suppose a call
transfer to that line would be all thats needed for that)