[asterisk-users] Re: RE: Digital Phones

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 13:42:05 MST 2007

You can use the digital phones with Asterisk.  Just that you need a Citel
Portico external box to convert the proprietary (ie. Digital) non IP
protocol that cannot work on TCP/IP networks to standard IP SIP protocol
that can. At about $120 per port the advantages and "potential" issues may
or not make it feasable.  If there is already a significant investment in
high end digital phones that can cost many hundreds of dollars each and you
want to continue to use the existing wiring it is probably worth considering
IMHO.

My 2 cents.