[asterisk-users] Re: RE: Digital Phones

Tom Lynn tom at tomlynn.com
Thu May 10 06:44:21 MST 2007

Bilal,
I don't think anyone is telling you that digital phones don't need cards.

I do think they are telling you that NOBODY makes a card that drives digital
phones for use with Asterisk.

Your initial assumption that Digital phones work with Asterisk is untrue.
They can be made (forced?) to work using a CITEL gateway, which communicates
with Asterisk via SIP and ethernet, but only for phones from a handful of
manufacturers.  Previous posts cast doubt on the results you can expect.

I don't know how to say this any more clearly.  I too am Avaya certified and
I have no illusions about using Avaya or Nortel digital phones with
Asterisk.