[asterisk-users] RTP Mixer

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Mon May 7 22:24:12 MST 2007

As I understand it, if you are using MeetMe, or if there is any codec
translation, or having to listen to DTMF (it should only have to decode
the audio to listen to INBAND DTMF, I don't know if it does), or other
sorts of things that requires Asterisk to listen to or manage audio the
audio will be decoded into SLN format.

I believe for MeetMe all the audio channels are decoded into the SLN
format then that audio in SLN format is handed to the Zaptel driver to
use some sort of voodoo magic to mix the audio.

Asterisk does not touch the actual audio except for after it has been
converted to SLN format.