[asterisk-users] RTP Mixer

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon May 7 22:07:07 MST 2007

On Tue, 8 May 2007, Akashdeep Dutta said something to this effect:

> How does it really mix the packets. If i have three participants talking
> together and packets are reaching Asterisk, How does it mix them.

   I imagine that to a large extent the payloads are simply superimposed,
possibly with some sort of duplex considerations akin to traditional
conference bridges, in much the same way that most DSP drivers for audio
boards capable of muxing multiple input streams do.  There is no doubt a
codec-based / waveform explanation that is difficult to pinpoint without
considerable expertise in that area of engineering.

--
Alex Balashov <sasha at presidium.org>