[asterisk-users] Asterisk-Polycom HELLLLPPP!!!!

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Thu May 3 12:22:34 MST 2007

On Thu, 3 May 2007, Jim Suber wrote:

> PBX:
>
> Asterisk 1.4
>
> Phones:
>
> PSTN phone connected to TDM400
>
> X-Ten Lite
>
> Polycom 430
>
> Scenario
>
> Polycom 430 = User1
>
> User2 calls User1(Polycom 430)  asks to be transfered to User3
>
> User1 does an attended transfer using the trnsfr button on the polycom
>
> User2 is placed in music-on-hold
>
> User3s phone rings.
>
> (So far so good Right?)

Yes ...

> User3 picks up the phone to answer User2 only to find that he is talking to
> User1

This is as expected. It's an ATTENDED transfer -

   User 2 (external?) calls in. U1 answers.
   User 1 has placed User 2 on hold
   User 1 calls U3
   User 1 speaks to U3, asks U3 if they want to accept the call from U2.
      and if yes, then U1 has to do whatever is neccessary to transfer U2
 	to U1.
   If no, then U1 has to retrieve U2 and say "sorry they are not at their
 	desk" (or whatever)

Maybe you're confusing it wuth UNattended transfer? I've no knowlege of
the Polycoms, but on the Grandstreams, for unattended xfer, you hit the
transfer button, dial the extension, then hang up - U2 gets ringing and
U1's phone rings. (Attended transfer is slightly more complicated)

Gordon