[asterisk-users] Asterisk-Polycom HELLLLPPP!!!!

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Thu May 3 12:33:02 MST 2007

Whoa. Calm down.

Jim Suber wrote:
> PBX:
>
> Asterisk 1.4
>

> Phones:
>
> PSTN phone connected to TDM400
>
> X-Ten Lite
>
> Polycom 430
>

> Scenario
>
> Polycom 430 = User1
>

> User2 calls User1(Polycom 430)  asks to be transfered to User3
>

> User1 does an attended transfer using the trnsfr button on the polycom
>
> User2 is placed in music-on-hold
>
> User3s phone rings.
>
> (So far so good Right?)
>

> User3 picks up the phone to answer User2 only to find that he is talking
> to User1
>
> User2 is stuck in music-on-hold. FOREVER!

That's because you didn't finish transferring User2. EVER!

I can tell that you haven't bothered to read the Polycom user's guide,
which is a bit annoying, but I will do you this one favour.

Attended transfers on the Polycom phones work like this:

1. User A calls you.
2. You answer the phone.
3. You press 'Transfer' -- at this point User A hears music -- and dial
User B, then press 'Send'
4. You will hear User B's line ring. YOU AREN'T DONE YET.
5. Now press 'Transfer' again. NOW you're done. Hang up.

Note -- you are not done with a transfer procedure until your phone is
in the idle state again. That is, once you've transferred a call, the
call will disappear from the phone's display. If you still see User A's
call on your phone's display, something is wrong.

Now that I have helped you, go read the Polycom documentation. The list
likes to help people who have tried to help themselves first.

-Stephen-