[asterisk-users] Multi-Level Queue

Peder at NetworkOblivion peder at networkoblivion.com
Fri Mar 30 14:42:27 MST 2007

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Peder @ NetworkOblivion wrote:
>
>> I want calls to come into a queue and do a ringall on a number of phones
>> (let's say 3).  So ring them for 20 seconds or so.  If there is no
>> answer, I want it to ring a second set of phones for 20 seconds.  If no
>> answer, then go back to the first set of phones.  I've seen where you
>> could do two queues and do this, but I don't want to have to setup a
>> second queue.  I would like it all in one queue.
>
> This doesn't sound like a queue at all, but rather just Dial()-ing the
> desired extensions for that period of time. Are you really to have
> multiple callers (like a queue would be) or just have incoming calls
> ring all these phones in this pattern?
>
> This can be done with a single queue, but it will take some fancy
> configuration to make it work.

There are a couple of reasons for what I want.

1.  I want callee's to have to ack to receive the call, in case
someone's cell vm picks up.

2.  Yes, there could potentially be 2-4 people calling at any given
point in time, so I want a sort of "overflow" to mobile's.

3.  I don't want 5 minutes of ringing, I prefer where they get queue
updates like "you are the 2nd person in the queue" and they hear music,
rather than ringing.

I guess I could have two queue's and just have it bounce back and forth
between office phones and cell phones, but won't they get updates like
"you are th first person" and then they switch to the other queue and
"you are the second person"

I also had a question about "acking" a call. It appears that acking a
call is under agents.conf.  I want to specify members as SIP/1234, etc,
rather than having users login all the time.  I don't want to have to
login from my cell, I would prefer it to just know that my cell number
is always a member.  Is it possible to force an ack of a call if I
define members as SIP/xxxx?