[asterisk-users] Multi-Level Queue

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Mar 30 12:37:03 MST 2007

Peder @ NetworkOblivion wrote:

> I want calls to come into a queue and do a ringall on a number of phones
> (let's say 3).  So ring them for 20 seconds or so.  If there is no
> answer, I want it to ring a second set of phones for 20 seconds.  If no
> answer, then go back to the first set of phones.  I've seen where you
> could do two queues and do this, but I don't want to have to setup a
> second queue.  I would like it all in one queue.

This doesn't sound like a queue at all, but rather just Dial()-ing the
desired extensions for that period of time. Are you really to have
multiple callers (like a queue would be) or just have incoming calls
ring all these phones in this pattern?

This can be done with a single queue, but it will take some fancy
configuration to make it work.