[asterisk-users] Multi-Level Queue

Peder at NetworkOblivion peder at networkoblivion.com
Fri Mar 30 11:32:15 MST 2007

I am trying to setup a queue in a very specific way and I can't quite
figure it out.  I'm sure someone else has done this.

I want calls to come into a queue and do a ringall on a number of phones
(let's say 3).  So ring them for 20 seconds or so.  If there is no
answer, I want it to ring a second set of phones for 20 seconds.  If no
answer, then go back to the first set of phones.  I've seen where you
could do two queues and do this, but I don't want to have to setup a
second queue.  I would like it all in one queue.

The second part is that I want queue members to have to hit a key to
accept a call.

The third part is that I don't want agents to have to login.

The reasoning behind all of this is that I want to ring desk phones and
then if they don't answer, I want to ring cell phones.  If I ring the
cell phones too long, someone's voicemail will pick up, which I don't
want.  So if I set it up where they have to ack it, I can ring the cell
phones and if someone's vm picks up, it is no big deal.

Any ideas?