[asterisk-users] Unsetting Global Vars

Johann Hoehn johann.hoehn at ecommerce.com
Wed Mar 28 14:45:28 MST 2007

How do I clear a global variable for good?  I have a situation of
needing to use global variables to aide in channel communication, but
will be changing the name within a defined scope.

Additional Background...
I want to get a variable from a channel (child) that is created by
another channel (parent), however the execution of the parent channel
does not continue until the child channel is gone.  So I want to use a
global variable as 'scratch' space and later the parent to grab it.
Basically I need to be able to do the opposite of variable inheritance.
I need to propagate a variable status up the channel chain instead of down.

--
Johann Hoehn
Project Coordinator, Administration