[asterisk-users] Polycom and Asterisk

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Thu Mar 29 21:39:37 MST 2007

Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
> Strange that I cant recall any other device that Asterisk was not
> working with. So it seems that Polycom is not in compliance with
> RFC2543. That and Polycom has been known to flat out refuse support if
> you mention the word "Asterisk"

That's not the case anymore. Digium is an official Polycom Technology
Partner.

I agree that Polycom is unnecessarily restrictive with their support --
and generally unfriendly to people who dare to want to use their
products. It's too bad, really.

One of my vendors recently got their knuckles rapped by Polycom because
we resold phones bought from them and we're not an "official reseller".

-Stephen-