[asterisk-users] Doorphone

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 08:14:49 MST 2007

> Responsibility for answering the door is shared by the entire office.  But A) noone wants their phone to ring, there's a door chime) and B) noone specific will accept responsibility for answering the door.  So, we need a solution that follow "I'm answering the door now, these are the buttons I push".

So, when someone is at the door, you call whatever extension to get to
the door intercom, talk to them, then you decide to open it. You
hangup, then dial an extension that does only this, unlock the door.
Something like

[door-opener]
exten => 555,1,System(script_to_unlock_door.sh)
exten => 555,n,Hangup()

If you really don't want to have to dial a second extension, look at
applicationmap in features.conf
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+config+features.conf

hth