[asterisk-users] Doorphone

Ola Lidholm olal at plea.se
Tue Mar 27 14:54:26 MST 2007

On 27 mar 2007, at 15.15, Ray Wadkins wrote:

> I looked at a call queue, but it didn't seem to work the way I
> want.  Agents need to log into the queue to get calls, seemingly.
> Of course, I only stopped on the topic for a short period.  with
> the meetme conference, anyone can answer the door from any phone by
> dialing the conference extension, just not open the door.

In queue.conf (or is it called queues.conf?) you can set up a call
queue with all your phones already in it.
Which will mean that if you pass the incoming call to that queue all
phones will be ringing until one person picks it up.

At my work we have it set up like that. And additionally, people can
phones, which can be convenient when people do not want to be disturbed.

I do not understand exactly how you mean your system works, how does
the users know when someone is at the door? Since no phone is ringing
it seems to me like a guessing game to know when they need to dial in
to the meetme to open the door? Do you have free sight to the
entrance door so that you can see if someone is already there?

/Ola