[asterisk-users] Re: RE : SIP/IAX peers UNREACHABLE and audio loss

Edoardo Serra edoardo.serra at webrainstorm.it
Sat Mar 24 01:53:16 MST 2007

Hi Francois,

f6hqz-m at hamwlan.net ha scritto:
> Hi men,
>
> I have already encountered some issue like this with few switches (very
> known great brand)  which doesn't like VoIP traffic !

I also have switches of a very known great brand !!
It was so strange to me that I didn't consider a network problem...

> Check by drectly connected the VoIP equipment - if you can - with
> temporary long Ethernet cables bypassing the tested switch to see what
> happens in this case.

I'd try to bypass the switch someway but every server neeeds to have its
own public ip address..
I'll put an RTP proxy somewhere...

> You can also tell to "qualify" with a longer delay, but this could not
> help in case of regulary frames losses.

What about turning qualify off ?
Do you think taht Asterisk is stopping RTP when it loose a qualify packet ?
Or is the RTP traffic itself that is lost by the switches ?

> Good luck !

It couldn't be more appropriate...

Tnx for help ;)

Edoardo