[asterisk-users] Replacement Wiki - options (Formerly 'status of voip-info')

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Thu Mar 15 10:45:13 MST 2007

> I would suggest that we create a new wiki, make it solely for Asterisk
> topics, as not to offend or replace voip-info.  Build mirrors to
> multiple sites and multiple domain names.  This would give this
> community a second resource with redundancy which is what I think ALL
of
> us are looking for.  I have taken the pleasure, of registering the
> domain name ASTERISKONLINE.ORG.

I would like to know what the community feels about an Asterisk-only
wiki.  I can see pros and cons of Asterisk-only vs.
Asterisk/FreeSwitch/Yate/OpenPBX/etc.  My gut says keep it open for
everything OSS/VoIP.  (I have no logical reason for feeling that way -
it's just a gut feeling.)

> I will donate a dedicated server with bandwidth to the cause.  I am
> looking for additional people to help populate the wiki with useful
> information and to help maintain the site.  I would suggest that ee
have
> maybe 4 or 5 mirrors to start off and a core group of admins to help
> maintain the site.

Thanks for putting your money where your mouth is!  This is the kind of
action the community needs.

> I am willing to work with anyone else that is about providing a
solution
> to our current issue.  If you guys want to REALLY work toward a
> solution, here's the chance.  For the individuals that are interested
in
> helping e-mail me.

I hope you get some respondents.  In the meantime it might be good to
check out the fledgling wiki here:
http://www.voip-wiki.us

It uses MediaWiki which has a nice, clean interface and seems pretty
easy to use.

-MC