[asterisk-users] Re: Replacement Wiki - options (Formerly 'status of voip-info')

Davis Sylvester III davis at 5-9Networks.com
Thu Mar 15 14:41:18 MST 2007

Michael Collins wrote:
>> I would suggest that we create a new wiki, make it solely for Asterisk
>> topics, as not to offend or replace voip-info.  Build mirrors to
>> multiple sites and multiple domain names.  This would give this
>> community a second resource with redundancy which is what I think ALL
>>
> of
>
>> us are looking for.  I have taken the pleasure, of registering the
>> domain name ASTERISKONLINE.ORG.
>>

> I would like to know what the community feels about an Asterisk-only
> wiki.  I can see pros and cons of Asterisk-only vs.
> Asterisk/FreeSwitch/Yate/OpenPBX/etc.  My gut says keep it open for
> everything OSS/VoIP.  (I have no logical reason for feeling that way -
> it's just a gut feeling.)
>

>> I will donate a dedicated server with bandwidth to the cause.  I am
>> looking for additional people to help populate the wiki with useful
>> information and to help maintain the site.  I would suggest that ee
>>
> have
>
>> maybe 4 or 5 mirrors to start off and a core group of admins to help
>> maintain the site.
>>

> Thanks for putting your money where your mouth is!  This is the kind of
> action the community needs.
>

>> I am willing to work with anyone else that is about providing a
>>
> solution
>
>> to our current issue.  If you guys want to REALLY work toward a
>> solution, here's the chance.  For the individuals that are interested
>>
> in
>
>> helping e-mail me.
>>

> I hope you get some respondents.  In the meantime it might be good to
> check out the fledgling wiki here:
> http://www.voip-wiki.us
>
> It uses MediaWiki which has a nice, clean interface and seems pretty
> easy to use.
>
> -MC

I'm okay with OSS/VoIP.  Just need confirmation that we all want to do
this.  I don't want to allocate a server to the cause and it just sit
idle.  I'm willing to work with the guys with www.voip-wiki.us.