[asterisk-users] voip-info.org status update

Davis Sylvester III davis at 5-9Networks.com
Thu Mar 15 10:11:41 MST 2007

shadowym wrote:
> A percentage of all my profits go back to the community.
>
> What about you?

Guys don't you think this thread has gone on long enough.  We all
support this community!!!  My suggestion would be the same as many
others have stated, another place for additional information is great.
I would not want to totally write off the guys at voip-info.

I would suggest that we create a new wiki, make it solely for Asterisk
topics, as not to offend or replace voip-info.  Build mirrors to
multiple sites and multiple domain names.  This would give this
community a second resource with redundancy which is what I think ALL of
us are looking for.  I have taken the pleasure, of registering the
domain name ASTERISKONLINE.ORG.

I will donate a dedicated server with bandwidth to the cause.  I am
looking for additional people to help populate the wiki with useful
information and to help maintain the site.  I would suggest that ee have
maybe 4 or 5 mirrors to start off and a core group of admins to help
maintain the site.

I am willing to work with anyone else that is about providing a solution
to our current issue.  If you guys want to REALLY work toward a
solution, here's the chance.  For the individuals that are interested in
helping e-mail me.