[asterisk-users] DECT to SIP gateway experiences

Robert Jenkins raj at jrw.co.uk
Thu Mar 15 05:29:13 MST 2007

Hi,

I have a Siemens Gigaset DECT base connected to a Sipura SPA3000.

The Message Waiting indicator on the handset works fine in this
configuration.
(I've used both the S100 and SL100 phones / bases, the operation is
identical.)
The illuminating Message button on the handset can also be configured to
dial *97 so it's a single press if you have voicemail waiting.

One 'gotcha' with the SPA3000 (and probably other similar devices) is that
by default it internally recognises *nn codes and these all need clearing to
allow Asterisk to handle everything.
You also may need the latest V3 firmware (even on V2 hardware) especially if
you want to use the FXO port as an asterisk trunk.

I assume the other Sipura / Linksys devices will have similar features. I've
got a SPA2100 dual FXS unit, but I've not got that in use at the moment. I
think MWI worked on that but I can't be 100% sure.

For the last week I've also been using a Nokia E65 as a WiFi/SIP handset.
I'm still experimenting with the overall system setup, but so far this seems
to work fine - one handset for both fixed line & mobile calls.

Robert.