[asterisk-users] FW: Seamless Multi Office Asterisk Deployment

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Wed Mar 14 11:30:12 MST 2007

On 13 Mar 2007, at 15:58, Brandon Comouche wrote:

> What I am most curious about at this time is the methods used to move
> from server to server. *Ideally* I would like to sit down at a phone,
> enter my extension/password and have that phone ring as my extension.
> Essentially, I would like a log in system on the phone. This
> presents me
> with two issues: I have to make my phones allow simple logon as a SIP
> device, and I need to get my credentials to move between Asterisk
> servers. What methods have others used, or where should I look for
> more
> information?

You might want to take a look at Dundi - It isn't exactly what you are
thinking of, but it does deal with the 'Where is steve's phone today'
problem.

You also might want to think about terminology - most folks
don't expect to need to 'login' to a phone before they can use it
(especially for 911 or internal calls). Most folks are comfortable with
follow-me or redirection concepts.

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk/