[asterisk-users] FW: Seamless Multi Office Asterisk Deployment

Brandon Comouche brandon at snofalls.com
Tue Mar 13 08:58:50 MST 2007

For startes I will keep it on the list and we can discuss some major
concepts, and I will possibly make some contact off list later for the
nitty-gritty :)

In-reply to Steve:
I did have a look at the "bicomsystems" product and it does appear to do
everything I am looking for. However, I have looked in to vendor systems
and have decided to go with an Asterisk system. Hench asking for
assistance on the Asterisk mailing list ;)

On the discussion at hand:
At this time I am not going to worry about the QoS with my T1 network
lines, I have been wondering what the quality will be like. I do not
plan to have more than maybe three calls on a line at peak times. But I
know that there will be more in the future. I am working with a total
employee base of around 30, and the remote offices have two to four
employees at a time, not a huge traffic demand.

What I am most curious about at this time is the methods used to move
from server to server. *Ideally* I would like to sit down at a phone,
enter my extension/password and have that phone ring as my extension.
Essentially, I would like a log in system on the phone. This presents me
with two issues: I have to make my phones allow simple logon as a SIP
device, and I need to get my credentials to move between Asterisk
servers. What methods have others used, or where should I look for more
information?

At this point I have two Polycom phones (430 and 501) for testing, they
seem to be talked about as very flexible. If they will not allow me to
add a "user friendly" login prompt, maybe I need to find alternatives
though. But this is the Asterisk list and I don't want to go too far off
topic, so the main concern is how I would synchronize my information
between asterisk servers.

One final topic on this message I would like to cover is time frame. I
am thinking maybe around 6 months to have at least a partial functioning
system up and tested. By partial I mean deployable with a basic
infrastructure feature set. I don't know if this is too little time or
too much time. My co-workers are excited about what Asterisk has to
offer. Any other thoughts on time frames?

P.S. I want to thank everyone who replied so quickly, surprised my
co-worker and I :D
--
Thanks,
  Brandon Comouche