[asterisk-users] _ALERT_INFO replacement in 1.4?

Nikhil Jogia nikhil at nikhiljogia.com
Mon Mar 12 03:51:05 MST 2007

Hi All

I have just upgraded from Asterisk 1.2 to 1.4 and am having trouble with
with one of my ATAs not ringing.

Basically, when I execute the Dial command, an error occurs: "Got SIP
response 400 "In alert-info header: Empty value expected"

Now in 1.2, I just issued the following command to overcome this
problem: Set(_ALERT_INFO=).

Now in 1.4, _ALERT_INFO is deprecated, so I have to use SIPAddHeader,
but I don't know how, or if there is a way to remove the alert-info header.

Here is my dialplan snippet:

exten => s,9,Playback(my-greeting)
exten => s,10,Wait(1)
exten => s,11,SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: info=bellcore-r4)
exten => s,12,Dial(SIP/600&SIP/602&SIP/603,60,tm)
exten => s,13,Set(_ALERT_INFO=)
exten => s,14,Dial(SIP/604,60,tm)
exten => s,15,Voicemail(su600)
exten => s,16,Hangup
exten => s,115,Voicemail(sb600)
exten => s,116,Hangup

As you can see, #13 is deprecated, so extension 604 does not ring.
Extension 600, 602 and 603 are all hooked up to Sipura ATAs and need the
bellcore-r4 ringtone to differentiate from other incoming lines.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nikhil Jogia