[asterisk-users] Asterisk distributed deployment

Bruce Reeves asterisk at nortex-networks.com
Thu Mar 8 12:14:16 MST 2007

I just completed a deployment of 8 sites connected via MPLS, and I
chose to go with the local * servers option and Sangoma hardware at
each site. I then put dundi in place to route calls between sites and
will later look at adding LCR. I'm with Steve on the cards, don't
skimp on cards or even echo canceling. Most of my sited were 2-5
employees and I used Dell Optiplex systems for their servers, overkill
on capabilities, but easy to maintain parts for.

On 3/8/07, ggonzalez at telviso.com.ar <ggonzalez at telviso.com.ar> wrote:
> Hello all, I post this issue thinking too that could help other people on an
> asterisk deployment over distributed offices considering both quality, prices,
> devices and so.
>
> Well, i am working on a deployment of a telephony system based in asterisk. My
> company have a central office with seven remote offices connected all through a
> VPN. To reduce and evaluate costs i consider solutions like:
>
> Asterisk servers  on all locations(central and remote offices) or
> Asterisk on Central office plus FXO Gateways on remote offices, all of this
> connected through a central asterisk cluster
>
> With the first option i have TDM cards seller that offer me DIGIUM (expensive)
> or OPENVOX (less expensive), but because i not have experience with OPENVOX
> telephony hardware I cant consider that. So, if Any can give me some good
> reasons for use OPENVOX against DIGIUM cards i would have solve this question
> because may build IAX trunks on each office.
>
> With the 2nd option I have sellers that offer me gateways:
> Quintum Tenor AFT400
> Planet VIP-480 FO
>
> But, again, I don't have experience with asterisk and FXO gateways to think that
> it is the best solution amen that is the less expensive solution.
>
> Another solution that i consider is mount asterisk on central office and IP PBX
> DIGISTAR preconfigured on remote offices.
>
> On the Users Side I was considering the use of Ata's or FXS Gateways, with Ata's
> I get offers of Audiocodes MP202, GRANDSTREAM HT 386 or Linksys SPA-2002. And
> with FXS Gateways sellers offers me Quintum Tenor AXG2400, Quintum Tenor
> AFG800
>
> Thanks for any word that can help me to get this VoIP deployment working and
> sorry for my english. Cheers
>
> G.

Bruce
Nortex Networks