[asterisk-users] Asterisk distributed deployment

ggonzalez at telviso.com.ar ggonzalez at telviso.com.ar
Thu Mar 8 09:03:48 MST 2007

Hello all, I post this issue thinking too that could help other people on an
asterisk deployment over distributed offices considering both quality, prices,
devices and so.

Well, i am working on a deployment of a telephony system based in asterisk. My
company have a central office with seven remote offices connected all through a
VPN. To reduce and evaluate costs i consider solutions like:

Asterisk servers  on all locations(central and remote offices) or
Asterisk on Central office plus FXO Gateways on remote offices, all of this
connected through a central asterisk cluster

With the first option i have TDM cards seller that offer me DIGIUM (expensive)
or OPENVOX (less expensive), but because i not have experience with OPENVOX
telephony hardware I cant consider that. So, if Any can give me some good
reasons for use OPENVOX against DIGIUM cards i would have solve this question
because may build IAX trunks on each office.

With the 2nd option I have sellers that offer me gateways:
Quintum Tenor AFT400
Planet VIP-480 FO

But, again, I don't have experience with asterisk and FXO gateways to think that
it is the best solution amen that is the less expensive solution.

Another solution that i consider is mount asterisk on central office and IP PBX
DIGISTAR preconfigured on remote offices.

On the Users Side I was considering the use of Ata's or FXS Gateways, with Ata's
I get offers of Audiocodes MP202, GRANDSTREAM HT 386 or Linksys SPA-2002. And
with FXS Gateways sellers offers me Quintum Tenor AXG2400, Quintum Tenor
AFG800

Thanks for any word that can help me to get this VoIP deployment working and
sorry for my english. Cheers

G.