[asterisk-users] Building a new voicemail system... Testers needed!

John Marvin jm-asterisk at themarvins.org
Wed Mar 7 03:32:46 MST 2007

Olle E Johansson wrote:
> Friends in the Asterisk community,
>
> One thing I avoided working with for a long time is the Asterisk
> voicemail code. One module in
> Asterisk I've constantly been naming as one of the worst parts is
> voicemail. One part of
> Asterisk that I've been kind of avoiding during my trainings is voicemail.

I've wanted to do exactly this for quite some time, but I haven't had
the bandwidth to be able to do any work on it. This idea makes perfect
sense. I've always felt that the current voicemail implementation was
too restricted and didn't allow enough customization.

Anyway, I don't have any time to help or test right now (perhaps I will
in a couple of months), but I just wanted to at least thank you for
doing what you have done already, and encourage you and others to
continue this work.

Thanks!

John