[asterisk-users] Back to back E1 - asterisk <=> toshiba pbx - Calldroping issue

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Wed Mar 7 03:05:36 MST 2007

As these problems are very time sensitive and frustrating, I suggest you
document each change you make and do them one at a time so you can
actually know what the problem was and not introduce new problems in the
process.

Find someone who is on the phone quite a bit and will give you an honest
evaluation of the call dropping situation (unless you yourself are
experiencing this issue too).  Some people are so quick to say, "It is
still happening" without starting the evaluation from a clean slate
after each change.

You may want to check your Asterisk log for more insight.
/var/log/asterisk/full.  Also you can turn on debugging on one span at a
time and see if you can find something there

Do you have a resetinterval set in zapata.conf?  If you can isolate the
dropped calls to the reset interval (watch the console, it will scroll
with each channel being reset) then set resetinterval=never.  If there
is no entry for resetinterval, add it and set it to never since it is
defaulted to on.

Also, try changing your second span timing from span=2,2,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
to span=2,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4.  This in combination with your first span
should accept timing from the Telco and then supply it to your Toshiba,
I would actually try this first.

Another thought, It seems you have quite a lot of hardware in that box.
I am not sure how much is too much, but that would probably just rear
it's ugly head as poor audio.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro
http://www.asteriskhelpdesk.com