Re: Re: [asterisk-users] svn 1.4 - mp3 support and changing the installation directory

tzieleniewski tzieleniewski at o2.pl
Sat Mar 3 10:24:29 MST 2007

Thank you.
Please help me with two more issues.

> tzieleniewski wrote:
> > 1. In many docs on the web there is an info to make asterisk by invoking #make mpg123 in order to have the mp3 support, when I try to do it this way make informs that there are no such make rules.
>
> Those documents are referring to versions prior to 1.4. Asterisk 1.4 no
> longer provides any assistance for building MP3 support to be used as
> music-on-hold, as we have more efficient and reliable ways to use native
> format files now.
>
> > 2. Also in docs on the web there an info about Debian zaptel installation that the easyiest way is to install zaptel-modules as the package. but at the moment the there is only 1.2 verion available. So I need to install it from sources. What do I need to do to load the zaptel modules.
> > Will it be enough just to make the following?:
> > # cd /.../zaptel_source
> > # make
> > # make install
> > # modprobe zaptel
>
> Yes.

right now I don't have any digium cards installed in my PC so the only thing I need at the moment is the ztdummy module for the purpose of timer functionality, is't it? I am running Debian OS kernel 2.6. I installed the zaptel package checked the udev rules everything is ok so at the moment zaptel package doesn't   need any further treatment, am I right?

> > 3. I would like to have my all asterisk stuff (asterisk,addons,core-sounds) installed in the asterisk system user home directory.
> > Is it sufficient to set the INSTALL_PREFIX= in the make file to the desired value??
>
> Not really, no. That will be a good start, but there are configuration
> files that will need hand-editing to ensure that all parts of Asterisk
> know that the installation has been done to that location. If I remember
> correctly, there are recipes for doing so on the voip-info wiki.

I tried to find it at voip-info but unfortunately with no success could you please give me some clues some key words i should look for?

Bests
Tomasz