[asterisk-users] svn 1.4 - mp3 support and changing the installation directory

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Mar 3 10:48:15 MST 2007

On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 06:24:29PM +0100, tzieleniewski wrote:
> Thank you.
> Please help me with two more issues.
>
> > tzieleniewski wrote:

> right now I don't have any digium cards installed in my PC so the only
> thing I need at the moment is the ztdummy module for the purpose of
> timer functionality, is't it? I am running Debian OS kernel 2.6. I
> installed the zaptel package checked the udev rules everything is
> ok so at the moment zaptel package doesn't   need any further
> treatment, am I right?

Debian Sarge has the basic udev rules, but missed the permissions.
Debian etch also added the permissions (even without installing the
zaptel deb).

If you only need ztdummy loaded, use the etch package: it should "just
work". The main zaptel distribution: almost. Probably will, but will
take a bit more of manual tinkering.

> > > 3. I would like to have my all asterisk stuff
> > > (asterisk,addons,core-sounds) installed in the asterisk system
> > > user home directory. Is it sufficient to set the INSTALL_PREFIX=
> > > in the make file to the desired value??

No. INSTALL_PREFIX is not intended for that. Edit asterisk.conf after
the installation. See docs/asterisk.conf.txt

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com