[asterisk-users] Alec Saunders post about Mashable Telco's

Steve Totaro stevetotaro at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 2 09:19:24 MST 2007

Dean Collins wrote:

> Interesting read in Alec Saunders blog today.
> http://saunderslog.com/2007/03/01/mashable-telcos/
>
> Thought it may interest some people on this list.
>
> As food for thought, why it is that ITSP’s haven’t come up with more
> ‘interesting’ voice applications? When asterisk first became available
> I thought it was the beginning of seeing really neat applications,
> think Verzion’s iobi but for everyone.
>
> I mean I love Angel.com’s (www.angel.com <http://www.angel.com/>) 1800
> speech enabled services on demand but I want it available via a SIP
> gateway to hook up with my own phone numbers, and I cant wait for more
> people to implement Iotum so when I try to make calls I wont
> continually be hitting voicemails (www.iotum.com
> <http://www.iotum.com/>) but I still think it is missing ‘pieces’ for
> widespread adoption.
>
> Where are the really interesting asterisk applications for hosted ITSP’s?
>
> Can anyone on this list name a Gee Wizz application they cant live
> without? (or are we still just coding ex-girlfriend routines?)
>
> Regards,
>
> Dean Collins
> Cognation Pty Ltd
> dean at cognation.net
> <mailto:dean at cognation.net>+1-212-203-4357 Ph
> +1-917-207-3420 Mb
> +61-2-9016-5642 (Sydney in-dial).

Yes, please give me the next "Big Thing", "Gee Wizz" application too!
Free business ideas are great! I really like the ad for inventors to
call a toll free number to give the company your ideas.

Anytime I see someone rallying enthusiasm and then asking for free
ideas, I ask myself, "what is in it for me?". Call me selfish, but
certainly my ideas are worth something, especially my "Gee Wizz" ideas.

Thanks,
Steve