[asterisk-users] Alec Saunders post about Mashable Telco's

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Fri Mar 2 08:35:11 MST 2007

Interesting read in Alec Saunders blog today.
http://saunderslog.com/2007/03/01/mashable-telcos/

Thought it may interest some people on this list.

As food for thought, why it is that ITSP's haven't come up with more
'interesting' voice applications? When asterisk first became available I
thought it was the beginning of seeing really neat applications, think
Verzion's iobi but for everyone.

I mean I love Angel.com's (www.angel.com <http://www.angel.com/> ) 1800
speech enabled services on demand but I want it available via a SIP
gateway to hook up with my own phone numbers, and I cant wait for more
people to implement Iotum so when I try to make calls I wont continually
be hitting voicemails (www.iotum.com <http://www.iotum.com/> ) but I
still think it is missing 'pieces' for widespread adoption.

Where are the really interesting asterisk applications for hosted
ITSP's?

Can anyone on this list name a Gee Wizz application they cant live
without? (or are we still just coding ex-girlfriend routines?)

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Pty Ltd
dean at cognation.net