[asterisk-users] More FAX over T1

Joe acquisto joea at j4computers.com
Tue Jun 26 11:29:33 CDT 2007

. . .
> With all due respect, this project should be handed over to whomever has
> authorization to administer the Asterisk box. We can tell you how to do it
> in Asterisk, but if you can't take our advice, our ability to help you will
> be severely limited.

Thanks.  Point taken.  I'm, unfortunately, playing a form of "monkey in the middle".  Seems the Vendor is
unwilling to, unable to, or is outrageously priced.  I am not privy to any of those discussions.

I view this as a learning experience for me.

> Now, we have many, many fax machines. We have our incoming through PRI, and
> then redirect to a channel bank. We have no problems with fax reception.
> When we used a Sangoma card, we did, but now that we're back on Digium
> hardware, we've been doing well, thus far. Probably had to do with the echo
> cancellation, but without infinite time to troubleshoot, we just had to get
> it working.

This install uses a Sangoma card.

Could you expand on "redirect to a channel bank"?  Could you illuminate the connectivity for me?

A single T1 connects to???   Is the Digium card "smart" as in, can it "break out" DS0 line(s) on a second port (to go to the channel bank)?

I am not that familiar with that technology.  As may be evident.

joe a.